German designer makes clothes from milk
Milk isn't just for drinking anymore. A German designer is now making her clothes out of milk.
It's a collection that just might quench a thirst for fashion. The clothes look and feel like silk, but are made out of milk. Milk fabric fills the gap in the textiles market which is struggling with the falling supply and rising costs of raw materials.
"Milk is such a great natural resource, so we have to keep it natural and there must be a way to also produce a natural fabric from it. So that's how we started, basically in the kitchen. And our process is so simple it's almost like baking," Qmilch creator Anke Domaske said.
This milk fabric is non-allergic, so there is interest from hospital and hotel bedding manufacturers. One problem could be the price. The milk fabric costs nearly ten times more to produce than cotton.
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 9 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
37 min ago
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos