Mother leaves baby in shopping cart while shoplifting
OCALA, Florida (KGO) -- In Florida, a young mother left her 1-year-old baby boy in a shopping cart after being confronted about shoplifting.
Police in Ocala, Florida released surveillance video showing a confrontation with two sisters at a Walmart story as they tried to steal $57 in clothes. The 19-year-old mother and older sister took off, leaving the child behind. They ran through the parking lot. Police eventually arrested the two.
The child is with Child Protective Services.
crime, children, national/world
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday