85-year-olds tie the knot after 48 year divorce
NEW YORK (KGO) -- It sounds like a Hollywood script. Tomorrow, two 85-year-olds who got married 48 years ago, but got divorced 20 years later, are re-tying the knot.
Six months ago, Roland Davis lost his wife. And after a push from his daughter, he called up his previous wife Lena Henderson who also had lost her husband.
Davis asked for her hand in marriage, for a second time and Henderson said "yes."
The couple first got married when they were teenagers and had five children together. Even though they got divorced and married other people, the couple stayed in touch.
"We were young when we married and I don't think he was really ready to be a married man. When we divorced we were still friends and we're still friends, aren't we?" Henderson said.
This time around, the couple's children, grandchildren, and great children will be at the wedding.
new york, divorce, national/world
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 58 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos