85-year-olds tie the knot after 48 year divorce
NEW YORK (KGO) -- It sounds like a Hollywood script. Tomorrow, two 85-year-olds who got married 48 years ago, but got divorced 20 years later, are re-tying the knot.
Six months ago, Roland Davis lost his wife. And after a push from his daughter, he called up his previous wife Lena Henderson who also had lost her husband.
Davis asked for her hand in marriage, for a second time and Henderson said "yes."
The couple first got married when they were teenagers and had five children together. Even though they got divorced and married other people, the couple stayed in touch.
"We were young when we married and I don't think he was really ready to be a married man. When we divorced we were still friends and we're still friends, aren't we?" Henderson said.
This time around, the couple's children, grandchildren, and great children will be at the wedding.
new york, divorce, national/world
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
53 min ago