85-year-olds tie the knot after 48 year divorce
NEW YORK (KGO) -- It sounds like a Hollywood script. Tomorrow, two 85-year-olds who got married 48 years ago, but got divorced 20 years later, are re-tying the knot.
Six months ago, Roland Davis lost his wife. And after a push from his daughter, he called up his previous wife Lena Henderson who also had lost her husband.
Davis asked for her hand in marriage, for a second time and Henderson said "yes."
The couple first got married when they were teenagers and had five children together. Even though they got divorced and married other people, the couple stayed in touch.
"We were young when we married and I don't think he was really ready to be a married man. When we divorced we were still friends and we're still friends, aren't we?" Henderson said.
This time around, the couple's children, grandchildren, and great children will be at the wedding.
new york, divorce, national/world
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos