FDA warns Hershey over chocolate syrup claims
The federal government is accusing Hershey's of making illegal health claims about its chocolate syrup.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has sent a warning letter to Hershey's saying the company's Syrup+Calcium and Syrup Sugar Free with Vitamin & Mineral Fortification do not have enough vitamins or minerals to make those claims.
Hershey's says it's looking into the matter.
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 21 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole 9 min ago
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge 8 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 19 min ago
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos