Woman falls onto tracks with child
BOSTON, Mass. (KGO) -- There was a frightening fall for a mother and her 4-year-old child in Boston.
A woman running for a train fell onto the tracks last night, with her child in her arms.
The woman said she was running for the train on the north side of the station and thought she could board from south. Instead, she walked directly off the platform and fell several feet onto the tracks.
Two commuters on the platform jumped onto the tracks to pull the mother and child to safety, they appeared to be OK, but were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
children, rescue, national/world
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday