New NASA pictures show undiscovered black holes
NASA is showing off some very colorful pictures of previously undiscovered black holes and super hot galaxies.
The yellow circles show black holes with masses millions times greater than our sun. This is an artist's rendering of what one looks like.
NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) used infrared technology to find black holes that have been obscured by gas and dust.
They also found about 1,000 super bright galaxies that they nicknamed "hot dogs".
They put out 1,000 times more energy than our Milky Way.
NASA, space, national/world
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 34 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday