New NASA pictures show undiscovered black holes
NASA is showing off some very colorful pictures of previously undiscovered black holes and super hot galaxies.
The yellow circles show black holes with masses millions times greater than our sun. This is an artist's rendering of what one looks like.
NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) used infrared technology to find black holes that have been obscured by gas and dust.
They also found about 1,000 super bright galaxies that they nicknamed "hot dogs".
They put out 1,000 times more energy than our Milky Way.
NASA, space, national/world
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 1 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 20 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
53 min ago