Evacuation order for Lake County fire lifted
UKIAH, Calif. (KGO) -- A wildfire continues to burn out of control in Lake County, but fire officials have now lifted mandatory evacuations.
The Scotts fire is burning near the Blue Lakes area on Cow Mountain, west of Scotts Valley Road and eight miles east of Ukiah. The fire started Friday afternoon and spread quickly. It has burned more than 1,600 acres and is 5 percent contained.
Firefighters plan to bring in air tankers from Sonoma County on Saturday because the Ukiah airbase is low on retardant.
wildfire, evacuation, national/world
- 5-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 11 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 30 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos