8-foot sinkhole swallows car
DURHAM, N.C. (KGO) -- An 8-foot sinkhole swallowed the car of a San Francisco man this week.
Rajiv Thairani is a law student at Duke University. He was turning around near the Durham, North Carolina campus when he dropped straight into the ground.The gaping hole wasn't visible from the street and hadn't been marked off -- but Thairani says he wasn't the first to encounter it. Apparently a truck driver got his tires stuck in the hole the night before, but his vehicle was too big to go in. Crews put up caution tape, but by the next day it had blown away, and the hole was not visible from inside a car.
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 35 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 15 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 7 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 53 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 26 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 38 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
51 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
7 min ago