Report: Basketball co-captain withdraws from Harvard
Boston, Mass. (KGO) -- The co-captain of Harvard's basketball team has chosen to withdraw from school in the latest fallout from the school's cheating scandal.
Harvard senior co-captain Kyle Casey will drop out and miss the entire season, according to Sports Illustrated and the Harvard Crimson Newspaper.
The team's other co-captain, senior guard Brandyn Curry, has also been implicated in the scandal, but he has yet to decide if he will withdraw.
Dozens of students are being investigated for cheating on a take home final exam last spring.
School officials discovered the students may have shared answers or plagiarized on an exam in a class about government and congress.
school athletics, school testing, national/world
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire