$44 million of meth found in furniture in Australia
AUSTRALIA (KGO) -- Authorities in Australia found $42 million worth of meth--- sealed inside furniture.
The drugs are valued at $44 million U.S dollars.
Australian Federal Police and Customs and Border Protection officials say they were tipped off about a shipping container that came into Sydney from Hong Kong.
After x-raying and inspecting the container, authorities found 71-kilogram packages hidden inside the furniture.
Three men from Sydney now face several charges.
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 10 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Report indicates Mission Bay fire was accidental
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications 14 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos