$44 million of meth found in furniture in Australia
AUSTRALIA (KGO) -- Authorities in Australia found $42 million worth of meth--- sealed inside furniture.
The drugs are valued at $44 million U.S dollars.
Australian Federal Police and Customs and Border Protection officials say they were tipped off about a shipping container that came into Sydney from Hong Kong.
After x-raying and inspecting the container, authorities found 71-kilogram packages hidden inside the furniture.
Three men from Sydney now face several charges.
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos