$44 million of meth found in furniture in Australia
AUSTRALIA (KGO) -- Authorities in Australia found $42 million worth of meth--- sealed inside furniture.
The drugs are valued at $44 million U.S dollars.
Australian Federal Police and Customs and Border Protection officials say they were tipped off about a shipping container that came into Sydney from Hong Kong.
After x-raying and inspecting the container, authorities found 71-kilogram packages hidden inside the furniture.
Three men from Sydney now face several charges.
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 47 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad 42 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
44 min ago