Elderly woman's arm ripped off during gator attack
LEESBURG, Fla. (KGO) -- An elderly woman in Central Florida is in critical condition after her arm was torn off in an alligator attack Wednesday morning.
Neighbors heard the 84-year-old woman crying for help from the canal behind her mobile home. The woman's left arm was chewed off below the shoulder.
Wildlife officials tracked and shot the 8-foot alligator -- which is standard after a gator attacks a human.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 11 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 44 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 58 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case