Elderly woman's arm ripped off during gator attack
LEESBURG, Fla. (KGO) -- An elderly woman in Central Florida is in critical condition after her arm was torn off in an alligator attack Wednesday morning.
Neighbors heard the 84-year-old woman crying for help from the canal behind her mobile home. The woman's left arm was chewed off below the shoulder.
Wildlife officials tracked and shot the 8-foot alligator -- which is standard after a gator attacks a human.
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 18 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday