Starbucks stores low on pumpkin spice syrup
In addition to gas, there's another shortage that has some consumers on edge.
The Wall Street Journal reports there's a shortage of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks stores around the nation because of high demand following the drink's release last month.
Starbucks insists there's no widespread shortage, but admit supplies are low in some stores due to infrequent deliveries.
It turns out the syrup used to make the drinks has become so popular, there's actually a black market for the stuff. Containers are selling for anywhere between $40 and $50 on eBay.
starbucks, food, national/world
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case