Starbucks stores low on pumpkin spice syrup
In addition to gas, there's another shortage that has some consumers on edge.
The Wall Street Journal reports there's a shortage of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks stores around the nation because of high demand following the drink's release last month.
Starbucks insists there's no widespread shortage, but admit supplies are low in some stores due to infrequent deliveries.
It turns out the syrup used to make the drinks has become so popular, there's actually a black market for the stuff. Containers are selling for anywhere between $40 and $50 on eBay.
starbucks, food, national/world
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday