Study: Link between chocolate and Nobel winners
An interesting study here -- researchers say how much chocolate a nation eats seems linked to the number of Nobel Prize winners from there.
Scientists say there is evidence flavanols in chocolate -- the same boosters in green tea and red wine -- can help slow down or even reverse age-related mental decline.
A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found Switzerland eats the most chocolate and has the most Nobel winners.
The U.S. is in the middle of the pack.
food, study, nobel prize, national/world
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease 57 min ago
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- SF group fights to turn parking into...
48 min ago