Study: Link between chocolate and Nobel winners
An interesting study here -- researchers say how much chocolate a nation eats seems linked to the number of Nobel Prize winners from there.
Scientists say there is evidence flavanols in chocolate -- the same boosters in green tea and red wine -- can help slow down or even reverse age-related mental decline.
A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found Switzerland eats the most chocolate and has the most Nobel winners.
The U.S. is in the middle of the pack.
food, study, nobel prize, national/world
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 58 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show 2 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos