Study: Link between chocolate and Nobel winners
An interesting study here -- researchers say how much chocolate a nation eats seems linked to the number of Nobel Prize winners from there.
Scientists say there is evidence flavanols in chocolate -- the same boosters in green tea and red wine -- can help slow down or even reverse age-related mental decline.
A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found Switzerland eats the most chocolate and has the most Nobel winners.
The U.S. is in the middle of the pack.
food, study, nobel prize, national/world
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday