Eagles QB Vick confirms he is again a dog owner
PHILADELPHIA (KGO) -- Just days after a controversial photo surfaced, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is confirming that he is a dog owner again. Vick had served 18 months in prison on dogfighting charges.
The photo posted on Twitter shows a box of dog biscuits on the far right corner of the table where he and his daughter were sitting. The photo was quickly deleted and replaced by a similar photo without the dog treats.
In a statement, Vick does not identify the pet as a dog, but says that "this is an opportunity to break the cycle." He says the animal is "well cared for and loved as a member of our family." He goes on to say that it is his responsibility as a father to teach his children to develop a healthy relationship with animals.
Since his release, Vick has worked with The Humane Society of the United States to speak out against animal cruelty. He says that commitment will continue.
The Humane Society declined to comment.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
animals in peril, national/world
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 15 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 2 min ago
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating 14 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos