Alleged sex scandal partner says he's being framed
KENNEBUNK, Maine (KGO) -- The man at the center of the Zumba sex scandal rocking New England says he's being framed by police.
57-year-old Mark Strong is accused of helping 29-year-old Alexis Wright sell sex and video tape it in her Kennebunkport, Maine Zumba studio.
But Strong says he helped Wright set up a legitimate business. He says he's being targeted because he's a part time private eye, who's been investigating the Kennebunkport Police Department. His attorney says he hasn't seen any evidence against Strong, noting, "From what he says, he's a good guy caught up in a bad situation."
Authorities continue to release the names of Wright's roughly 100 alleged clients. Wednesday's list included a former mayor of South Portland, Maine. 21 men have received summonses so far.
crime, fitness, national/world
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 12 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 43 min ago
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league 17 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 55 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 40 min ago
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos