Nor'easter forces cancelation of several flights in U.S.
NEW YORK (KGO) -- A storm on the East Coast is affecting air travel across the U.S. today. Major airlines have scratched 600 flights across the country -- mostly New York, but also Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.. Yesterday the number was 1,600.
As for delays JFK, Newark, Laguardia and Boston are showing moderate to significant on the delay index -- down from "excessive" earlier this morning.
Things are improving in the Bay Area also. Flights at SFO are better off today than yesterday -- when 30 flights were cancelled. Today 12 flights are cancelled. The majority are arrivals. As for delays, the FAA has not scheduled any, but some flights are still running an hour or two behind schedule. The majority of the problems at SFO, are due to problems at JFK -- but also Newark and Philadelphia.
new york, storm, san francisco international airport, oakland international airport, mineta san jose international airport, national/world, katie marzullo
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 42 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 25 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 29 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire