Nor'easter forces cancelation of several flights in U.S.
NEW YORK (KGO) -- A storm on the East Coast is affecting air travel across the U.S. today. Major airlines have scratched 600 flights across the country -- mostly New York, but also Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.. Yesterday the number was 1,600.
As for delays JFK, Newark, Laguardia and Boston are showing moderate to significant on the delay index -- down from "excessive" earlier this morning.
Things are improving in the Bay Area also. Flights at SFO are better off today than yesterday -- when 30 flights were cancelled. Today 12 flights are cancelled. The majority are arrivals. As for delays, the FAA has not scheduled any, but some flights are still running an hour or two behind schedule. The majority of the problems at SFO, are due to problems at JFK -- but also Newark and Philadelphia.
new york, storm, san francisco international airport, oakland international airport, mineta san jose international airport, national/world, katie marzullo
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 39 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 46 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos