Funeral held for boy mauled by wild dogs at zoo
PITTSBURGH (KGO) -- An emotional funeral service for a two-year-old boy fatally mauled by wild dogs at the Pittsburgh zoo was held Friday.
Maddox Derkosh fell from a wooden railing overlooking the African wild dog exhibit at the zoo last Sunday. Investigators are still trying to determine how it happened.
The boy's death has sparked an outpouring of support. Strangers are donating toys trucks instead of flowers at the request of the boy's parents. Some 3,000 have been donated already.
The family plans to give the trucks to a charity that will distribute them to needy children on Christmas.
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood 10 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 47 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 55 min ago
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday