More Americans expected to travel over Thanksgiving
The number of Americans hitting the road this Thanksgiving is expected to increase slightly from a year ago.
AAA released its annual holiday travel forecast Tuesday morning. It says a dramatic drop in gas prices should help holiday travel.
AAA predicts 43.6 million people will drive or fly at least 50 miles from home over Thanksgiving, up just seven-tenths of a percent from last year.
holiday, thanksgiving, travel, national/world
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 44 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday