NASA: Curiosity rover makes big discovery
NASA will announce its historic news about a discovery on Mars in a little more than a week in San Francisco.
Scientists say the Curiosity rover found something interesting in the soil. They would not say what it is, but they say it'll be one for the history books.
Right now they're double-checking their data to make sure it's correct.
Curiosity landed on Mars August 5. It'll spend two years collecting and analyzing samples in a search for life on the Red Planet.
NASA, mars, robots, national/world
- NYC building explodes, 11 minor injuries reported 25 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos