Girl recalls painful dolphin bite at SeaWorld
ATLANTA -- An 8-year-old Georgia girl says it "really, really hurt" when a dolphin snatched her hand in its mouth while she fed the animal as part of an attraction at SeaWorld in Orlando, Fla.
But Jillian Thomas of Alpharetta says she was concerned that the dolphin didn't get sick from eating the paper carton she held. In an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America," Jillian said Monday she prayed for the dolphin afterward.
Jillian suffered three puncture wounds to her hand. Her father Jamie, who was with her at the theme park when the dolphin lunged from its pool Nov. 21, described his reaction as: "Instant fear."
SeaWorld officials said in a statement that the safety of their guests is paramount, and they are taking the situation seriously.
animals in peril, children, national/world
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge 32 min ago
- Protesters to march vs Monsanto in 250 cities 17 min ago
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries 9 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks 13 min ago
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos