New gas fireplaces to come with safety screens
The fireplace industry will announce today that safety screens will now come as standard equipment with new gas fireplaces.
The wire mesh screens will be in addition to the glass fronts on fireplaces. The gas can reach temperatures hot enough to melt skin. The screens will provide an additional barrier between people--especially small children--and the heat in the fireplace.
Today's announcement comes after many cases where children were severely burned after touching hot glass.
- 5-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 2 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 40 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos