Kim Jong Un voted "Person of the Year" in TIME poll
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been voted "Person of the Year" in TIME Magazine's annual Reader Poll.
TIME says Kim received more than five and a half million votes in its completely unscientific poll. Though the magazine admits the totals were inflated by several online campaigns.
The announcement comes a day after North Korea defied U.N. sanctions and launched a rocket into orbit.
You should know this doesn't mean Kim is TIME's Person of the Year. That choice is made by the magazine's editors and will be revealed next week.
north korea, national/world
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 36 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 38 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 26 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday