2 die in murder-suicide at Excalibur hotel-casino
LAS VEGAS -- Police say a man and woman are dead after a murder-suicide shooting at a hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas Police Lt. Ray Steiber says the shooting happened at about 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Excalibur hotel-casino.
Steiber says a man shot a woman near the front entrance of the high-rise hotel. He then turned the gun on himself and was found dead at the scene.
Steiber says the woman was transported to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Neither the gunman nor the victim was identified. However, Steiber says the woman worked as a vendor at the hotel's concierge desk, where tourists can get show tickets and restaurant reservations. He says the relationship between the shooter and the victim wasn't immediately clear.
No one else was injured.
las vegas, shooting, national/world
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 26 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos