2 die in murder-suicide at Excalibur hotel-casino
LAS VEGAS -- Police say a man and woman are dead after a murder-suicide shooting at a hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas Police Lt. Ray Steiber says the shooting happened at about 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Excalibur hotel-casino.
Steiber says a man shot a woman near the front entrance of the high-rise hotel. He then turned the gun on himself and was found dead at the scene.
Steiber says the woman was transported to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Neither the gunman nor the victim was identified. However, Steiber says the woman worked as a vendor at the hotel's concierge desk, where tourists can get show tickets and restaurant reservations. He says the relationship between the shooter and the victim wasn't immediately clear.
No one else was injured.
las vegas, shooting, national/world
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup 49 min ago
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch 19 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Second fire sparks in South San Jose
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos