2 die in murder-suicide at Excalibur hotel-casino
LAS VEGAS -- Police say a man and woman are dead after a murder-suicide shooting at a hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas Police Lt. Ray Steiber says the shooting happened at about 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Excalibur hotel-casino.
Steiber says a man shot a woman near the front entrance of the high-rise hotel. He then turned the gun on himself and was found dead at the scene.
Steiber says the woman was transported to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Neither the gunman nor the victim was identified. However, Steiber says the woman worked as a vendor at the hotel's concierge desk, where tourists can get show tickets and restaurant reservations. He says the relationship between the shooter and the victim wasn't immediately clear.
No one else was injured.
las vegas, shooting, national/world
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 53 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos