2 die in murder-suicide at Excalibur hotel-casino
LAS VEGAS -- Police say a man and woman are dead after a murder-suicide shooting at a hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas Police Lt. Ray Steiber says the shooting happened at about 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Excalibur hotel-casino.
Steiber says a man shot a woman near the front entrance of the high-rise hotel. He then turned the gun on himself and was found dead at the scene.
Steiber says the woman was transported to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Neither the gunman nor the victim was identified. However, Steiber says the woman worked as a vendor at the hotel's concierge desk, where tourists can get show tickets and restaurant reservations. He says the relationship between the shooter and the victim wasn't immediately clear.
No one else was injured.
las vegas, shooting, national/world
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case