Sen. Feinstein to call for assault weapons ban
Senator Dianne Feinstein says she'll call for a vote on an assault weapons ban the first day Congress is back in session.
Some of our nation's gun statistics may surprise you. There are more registered gun sellers than Mcdonald's restaurants in the United States.
There are an estimated 270 to 300 million guns and about 313 million people.
Senator Feinstein says it's too many, especially easy-to-load automatic weapons.
She offered details of the ban she'll propose. "It will ban the sale, transfer, importation, and the possession not retroactively but prospectively. And it will ban the same for big clips, drums and strips of more than ten bullets. We exempt over 900 specific weapons that will not fall under the bill. But the purpose of the bill is to get weapons of war off the streets of our cities," Senator Feinstein said.
Senator Joe Lieberman called for a commission to look at our nation's gun laws and mental health system on Sunday.
dianne feinstein, guns, congress, national/world
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 20 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 17 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos