USPS to handle 800 million pieces of mail today
The post office is gearing up for its busiest day of the year.
The Monday before Christmas is traditionally the service's busiest day. Next Monday is Christmas Eve, so the busy day falls today. It's the last day to get First-Class mail out to ensure it arrives by Christmas. USPS officials expect 800 million pieces of mail to be handled today. That's 40-percent more than the average day.
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos