Grandparents make resolution to run 365 marathons
An Australian couple has made quite a physically extreme New Year's resolution -- they're running a marathon every day this year.
That's 365 marathons, back-to-back-to-back. 26.2 miles multiplied by 365, that probably adds up to bum knees.
The grandparents say they're doing it to increase awareness about healthy living. But they haven't always been the model of physical fitness.
"Twenty years ago I wouldn't be able to run one city block," endurance marathoner Alan Murray said. "Couldn't run a hundred meters, a city block; but since then I've lost 23 kilos, 50 pounds, I just feel so much better."
They already finished their first marathon of the year.
The couple is not new to endurance running. They ran 50 marathons in 50 days back in 2010.
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday