Grandparents make resolution to run 365 marathons
An Australian couple has made quite a physically extreme New Year's resolution -- they're running a marathon every day this year.
That's 365 marathons, back-to-back-to-back. 26.2 miles multiplied by 365, that probably adds up to bum knees.
The grandparents say they're doing it to increase awareness about healthy living. But they haven't always been the model of physical fitness.
"Twenty years ago I wouldn't be able to run one city block," endurance marathoner Alan Murray said. "Couldn't run a hundred meters, a city block; but since then I've lost 23 kilos, 50 pounds, I just feel so much better."
They already finished their first marathon of the year.
The couple is not new to endurance running. They ran 50 marathons in 50 days back in 2010.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 18 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 41 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 2 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 55 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 34 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 23 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 6 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos