Grandparents make resolution to run 365 marathons
An Australian couple has made quite a physically extreme New Year's resolution -- they're running a marathon every day this year.
That's 365 marathons, back-to-back-to-back. 26.2 miles multiplied by 365, that probably adds up to bum knees.
The grandparents say they're doing it to increase awareness about healthy living. But they haven't always been the model of physical fitness.
"Twenty years ago I wouldn't be able to run one city block," endurance marathoner Alan Murray said. "Couldn't run a hundred meters, a city block; but since then I've lost 23 kilos, 50 pounds, I just feel so much better."
They already finished their first marathon of the year.
The couple is not new to endurance running. They ran 50 marathons in 50 days back in 2010.
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Researchers use 3D printing to model organs
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos