Workers find loaded war cannon in Central Park
NEW YORK (KGO) -- A dangerous and historic discovery was made in New York's Central Park on Friday afternoon.
Workers found out the Revolutionary War cannon they were refurbishing was loaded and capable of firing.
It had been on display for more than 100 years inside the famous park.
New York police disarmed the cannon, some 233 years after it was loaded.
new york, national/world
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos