Man finds gold nugget worth $300,000
AUSTRALIA (KGO) -- An amateur prospector in Australia hit the jackpot.
While searching for gold on Wednesday, he found a giant nugget weighing nearly 12 pounds.
He made the discovery using a hand-held metal detector in an area about an hour from Melbourne.
The nugget is worth as much as $300,000.
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 8 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 47 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
47 min ago