Man finds gold nugget worth $300,000
AUSTRALIA (KGO) -- An amateur prospector in Australia hit the jackpot.
While searching for gold on Wednesday, he found a giant nugget weighing nearly 12 pounds.
He made the discovery using a hand-held metal detector in an area about an hour from Melbourne.
The nugget is worth as much as $300,000.
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 28 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts