Man finds gold nugget worth $300,000
AUSTRALIA (KGO) -- An amateur prospector in Australia hit the jackpot.
While searching for gold on Wednesday, he found a giant nugget weighing nearly 12 pounds.
He made the discovery using a hand-held metal detector in an area about an hour from Melbourne.
The nugget is worth as much as $300,000.
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 26 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 9 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 2 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday