Drowning victim's body found in Kauai
LIHUE, Hawaii -- Rescuers in Kauai say they have recovered the body of one of two San Francisco men who drowned, but rough seas kept them from searching for the other man.
The Kauai Fire Department said rescuers spotted the body of 46-year-old Adam Griffiths off the island's north shore on Saturday.
Officials said Griffiths and 47-year-old Brian Baker were exploring a rocky coastal area Friday when a wave slammed into Baker and pulled him into the water. Griffiths jumped in to try to save Baker but both drowned in the rough surf.
They said the search for Baker from a helicopter and Jet Ski was called off because of choppy water conditions.
High surf and strong currents prompted the closure of all beaches on the north shore Friday morning.
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 32 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 48 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 42 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 36 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos