USPS raising cost of first class stamp
The U.S. Postal Service is raising the price of a first class stamp this Sunday by one penny.
Mailing a letter will now cost you 46 cents. That seems like a bargain since you can't even buy a candy bar for that anymore.
Still, if it is too rich for your blood there is a way around the increase.
You can buy stamps this week and lock in the current price if you buy the Forever Stamp.
Forever Stamps are sold at the current rate of postage, but are good after the rates increase. This allows you to lock in your mailing costs for years to come.
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday