Connecticut couple married more than 80 years
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (KGO) -- If you're looking for the secret to a long marriage, try asking Jon and Ann Betar. They've been married for more than 80 years.
The husband and wife from Fairfield, Connecticut are recognized as the longest married couple in America by "Worldwide Marriage Encounter."
John is 101-years-old and his bride Ann is 97.
The couple grew up together in Connecticut and have five children, 14 grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren.
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 9 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos