Connecticut couple married more than 80 years
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (KGO) -- If you're looking for the secret to a long marriage, try asking Jon and Ann Betar. They've been married for more than 80 years.
The husband and wife from Fairfield, Connecticut are recognized as the longest married couple in America by "Worldwide Marriage Encounter."
John is 101-years-old and his bride Ann is 97.
The couple grew up together in Connecticut and have five children, 14 grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren.
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 14 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder 52 min ago
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos