Connecticut couple married more than 80 years
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (KGO) -- If you're looking for the secret to a long marriage, try asking Jon and Ann Betar. They've been married for more than 80 years.
The husband and wife from Fairfield, Connecticut are recognized as the longest married couple in America by "Worldwide Marriage Encounter."
John is 101-years-old and his bride Ann is 97.
The couple grew up together in Connecticut and have five children, 14 grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren.
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos