Betting firms placing odd on next Pope
VATICAN CITY (KGO) -- Many betting firms are already placing odds on who will be the next pope.
Right now Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana is the overall favorite. The 64-year old would be the first black pope. Turkson is head of the Vatican's Justice and Peace Bureau. Other favorites include Nigeria's Francis Arinze and Canada's Marc Ouellet.
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 20 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 58 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 26 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 57 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 45 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
35 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
58 min ago