Calif. woman heads home after nightmare cruise
Galt, Calif. (KGO) -- A woman from Galt in Sacramento County is back on dry land after being stuck in the Gulf of Mexico on the Carnival Triumph cruise liner for five days. Julie Pringle had taken the cruise to celebrate her sister's 40th birthday.
Julie sent pictures of the dining room where she slept after five inches of sewer water flooded their bedroom.
The Pringle family waited all night to hear the news. Her husband says Julie remains upbeat despite her ordeal.
"I think it's gonna be like coming back from a camping trip. You know, the first thing you're gonna want to do is find a shower and find a hot meal," Chuck Pringle, Julie's husband said.
Julie is flying back from New Orleans on Friday and is expected to be home either Friday night or early Saturday Morning.
tourism, travel, national/world
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- SF taxi driver chokes, robs passenger over tip
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland kicks off summer food program for...
20 min ago