Calif. woman heads home after nightmare cruise
Galt, Calif. (KGO) -- A woman from Galt in Sacramento County is back on dry land after being stuck in the Gulf of Mexico on the Carnival Triumph cruise liner for five days. Julie Pringle had taken the cruise to celebrate her sister's 40th birthday.
Julie sent pictures of the dining room where she slept after five inches of sewer water flooded their bedroom.
The Pringle family waited all night to hear the news. Her husband says Julie remains upbeat despite her ordeal.
"I think it's gonna be like coming back from a camping trip. You know, the first thing you're gonna want to do is find a shower and find a hot meal," Chuck Pringle, Julie's husband said.
Julie is flying back from New Orleans on Friday and is expected to be home either Friday night or early Saturday Morning.
tourism, travel, national/world
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 3 min ago
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- Oakland's real estate market heats up 32 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 25 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change 39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos