Opium discovered in Pleasant Hill man's luggage
STERLING, Va. (KGO) -- A Pleasant Hill man is under arrest after TSA officers discovered nearly five ounces of opium concealed inside shampoo and lotion bottles in his luggage.
Customs and border protection officers arrested 63-year-old Mehdi Moshirian at Washington Dulles International Airport on March 1. He'd flown in from Frankfurt, Germany.
Customs officials found the opium after an x-ray detected anomalies in two bottles of shampoo and a bottle of lotion. They say the drugs are worth about $4,000 on the street.
TSA, pleasant hill, drugs, travel, national/world
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 46 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
44 min ago