Air Force trainer convicted of raping ex-trainee
SAN ANTONIO -- An Air Force trainer at a San Antonio base has been found guilty at court-martial of raping a former trainee.
The San Antonio Express-News reports the trial of Staff Sgt. Eddy Soto at Lackland Air Force Base segued directly into the sentencing phase Saturday. He could get up to life imprisonment without parole.
Soto previously pleaded guilty to five counts, including having sex with a female trainee and the wife of a male trainee. Prosecutors also alleged he raped a woman who had flown from California to San Antonio to visit him on the condition of no sex.
In all, 32 Lackland instructors have been investigated, with six convicted of misconduct. Investigators say more than 40 women had inappropriate contact with instructors, were sexually harassed or raped.
air force, military, sex crimes, national/world
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 11 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos