United Airlines mistakenly ships dog to Ireland
PHOENIX, Arizona (KGO) -- A free trip to Ireland, just in time for Saint Patrick's Day, sounds like a lucky break, right? Well, not if you're Hendrix, a dog that found himself in an international mix-up on United Airlines.
He was supposed to be on a flight from New Jersey to Phoenix. Instead, he ended up flying for a full 24-hours, and wound up in Ireland.
"My dog got sent to frickin Ireland," said owner Meredith Grant. "Like, how Ireland? Not even, like, he went to Florida. He's in Ireland!"
"It was just, what do you say except hope he gets some Guinness and corned beef and cabbage," said Hendrix's other owner Joe Grant.
We don't know what Hendrix ate during his odyssey, but he seems okay now that's he's back in Arizona.
United Airlines says it's conducting a review of what happened. The company has offered the family a refund.
united airlines, airline industry, animal, animals in peril, travel, national/world
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building 57 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 39 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos