Random act of kindness moves woman to tears
ARLINGTON, Mass. (KGO) -- A Massachusetts woman is on a quest to thank a stranger for his random act of kindness toward her and her boyfriend, who's deployed in Afghanistan.
Samantha Ford returned to her car on Sunday after picking up a cup of coffee. She spotted an envelope on her windshield that she thought was a ticket.
It turned out to be a note from a veteran who spotted a sticker on Ford's car which says, "Half of My Heart is in Afghanistan."
The note said: "I noticed the sticker on the back of your car. Take your hero out to dinner when he gets home. Thank you both for serving, him deployed, and you for waiting."
The envelope contained two $20 bills. Ford said she started crying when she read the note. She shared the story on Facebook and then a military website. Almost overnight, the story got more than a million "likes."
Ford wants to meet the secret donor. In the meantime, she plans to pay it forward and donate the money to someone else in need.
afghanistan, facebook, national/world
- Four in the South Bay die due to cold weather 2 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Apple wants Samsung to pay $22M for legal bills 42 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas 51 min ago
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting 3 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos