Random act of kindness moves woman to tears
ARLINGTON, Mass. (KGO) -- A Massachusetts woman is on a quest to thank a stranger for his random act of kindness toward her and her boyfriend, who's deployed in Afghanistan.
Samantha Ford returned to her car on Sunday after picking up a cup of coffee. She spotted an envelope on her windshield that she thought was a ticket.
It turned out to be a note from a veteran who spotted a sticker on Ford's car which says, "Half of My Heart is in Afghanistan."
The note said: "I noticed the sticker on the back of your car. Take your hero out to dinner when he gets home. Thank you both for serving, him deployed, and you for waiting."
The envelope contained two $20 bills. Ford said she started crying when she read the note. She shared the story on Facebook and then a military website. Almost overnight, the story got more than a million "likes."
Ford wants to meet the secret donor. In the meantime, she plans to pay it forward and donate the money to someone else in need.
afghanistan, facebook, national/world
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos