Random act of kindness moves woman to tears
ARLINGTON, Mass. (KGO) -- A Massachusetts woman is on a quest to thank a stranger for his random act of kindness toward her and her boyfriend, who's deployed in Afghanistan.
Samantha Ford returned to her car on Sunday after picking up a cup of coffee. She spotted an envelope on her windshield that she thought was a ticket.
It turned out to be a note from a veteran who spotted a sticker on Ford's car which says, "Half of My Heart is in Afghanistan."
The note said: "I noticed the sticker on the back of your car. Take your hero out to dinner when he gets home. Thank you both for serving, him deployed, and you for waiting."
The envelope contained two $20 bills. Ford said she started crying when she read the note. She shared the story on Facebook and then a military website. Almost overnight, the story got more than a million "likes."
Ford wants to meet the secret donor. In the meantime, she plans to pay it forward and donate the money to someone else in need.
afghanistan, facebook, national/world
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3 25 min ago
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke 51 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday