Ad featuring Sandy Hook families urges gun legislation
An advertisement featuring the family members of Sandy Hook victims began airing on Thursday in 13 states and online.
The ads are part of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns coalition and coincides with Thursday's National Day to Demand Action.
"We need to remember the 26 victims who lost their lives. She just wanted to teach little kids. That was her goal and she died doing it," the ad proclaims.
New York mayor Michael Bloomberg spent $12 million to target lawmakers to support expanded gun control.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and Oakland Mayor Jean Quan are also part of the coalition.
guns, violence, crime, connecticut school shooting, congress, ed lee, jean quan, national/world
- Wounded San Francisco police officer back in surgery 5 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 20 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 33 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 47 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
20 min ago