Ad featuring Sandy Hook families urges gun legislation
An advertisement featuring the family members of Sandy Hook victims began airing on Thursday in 13 states and online.
The ads are part of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns coalition and coincides with Thursday's National Day to Demand Action.
"We need to remember the 26 victims who lost their lives. She just wanted to teach little kids. That was her goal and she died doing it," the ad proclaims.
New York mayor Michael Bloomberg spent $12 million to target lawmakers to support expanded gun control.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and Oakland Mayor Jean Quan are also part of the coalition.
guns, violence, crime, connecticut school shooting, congress, ed lee, jean quan, national/world
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 58 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire