Off-duty Pinole cop takes down attacker at Honolulu airport
HONOLULU (KGO) -- A Pinole police officer proved this weekend he's never off-duty, even when he's on vacation.
Surveillance video shows a woman assaulting a security guard at the Honolulu International Airport on Saturday.
No one was coming to her aid, so Corporal Justin Rogers hopped out of line and took down the attacker. He quickly alerted oncoming security he was an officer.
Rogers handcuffed the woman, gave his statement, and still made his flight.
Local and federal authorities thanked Corporal Rogers for his help.
He's now back on patrol, watching the streets of Pinole.
pinole, TSA, crime, violence, caught on tape, national/world
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed