Shy 4-year-old girl rejects kiss from Britain's Prince William
GLASGOW, Scotland (KGO) -- Prince William and Kate Middleton are on a special trip. They're visiting Scotland, the country where they first met and fell in love.
Friday was their second day there. But it was during a visit to Glasgow Thursday that Prince William discovered that despite his charm, not all young ladies want a kiss from him.
Shona's mother says the 4-year-old wore her best princess dress to the event. But when the prince leaned in for a little kiss, she says her daughter was suddenly overcome by shyness.
"Oh, you look very pretty, you want a kiss, do you?" asked Prince William. When the little girl backed away, he exclaimed, "Oh, no. You see! Next time Shona, next time."
Yes, little Shona pulled back and rejected the princely pucker!
William will be a new father soon. On Friday Kate revealed details about her due date, saying it is mid-July. She also said they're down to a short list of baby names, but picking one has been difficult.
kate middleton, royals, pregnancy, london, prince william, national/world
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos