Shy 4-year-old girl rejects kiss from Britain's Prince William
GLASGOW, Scotland (KGO) -- Prince William and Kate Middleton are on a special trip. They're visiting Scotland, the country where they first met and fell in love.
Friday was their second day there. But it was during a visit to Glasgow Thursday that Prince William discovered that despite his charm, not all young ladies want a kiss from him.
Shona's mother says the 4-year-old wore her best princess dress to the event. But when the prince leaned in for a little kiss, she says her daughter was suddenly overcome by shyness.
"Oh, you look very pretty, you want a kiss, do you?" asked Prince William. When the little girl backed away, he exclaimed, "Oh, no. You see! Next time Shona, next time."
Yes, little Shona pulled back and rejected the princely pucker!
William will be a new father soon. On Friday Kate revealed details about her due date, saying it is mid-July. She also said they're down to a short list of baby names, but picking one has been difficult.
kate middleton, royals, pregnancy, london, prince william, national/world
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 58 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 46 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 47 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 27 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 32 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 50 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos