Man climbs 3 stories twice to save girl from fire
CHINA (KGO) -- It wasn't your typical stroll to work for a man in China Tuesday.
The man became a hero when he climbed three stories to save a little girl from a burning building.
The man actually made the climb twice -- once to see if anyone was inside and a second time after grabbing an axe and ropes to let the girl out.
He fastened her to a rope and firefighters helped lower her to the ground.
The girl's parents had locked her inside the house when they went to work, trapping her inside.
china, fire, national/world
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos