Travelers left behind over $500,000 in change, TSA keeps it
All that spare change being left behind at airport security checkpoints is adding up to $531,392 in 2012.
JFK in New York, Chicago O'Hare and Miami International Airports have each collected over $70,000 from hurried travelers who forgot to pick up their change or just left it behind. That's this year alone. SFO collected more than $60,000.
Travelers have 60 days to claim any lost change. The TSA gets to keep anything that's left over.
TSA, airline industry, national/world
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 12 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos