Nonprofit takes applications to send first humans to Mars
A nonprofit organization is about to start looking for people who want to be colonists on Mars, but there are a few hitches.
Netherlands-based Mars One plans to start taking applications in July for the trip to the red planet in 2023.
Here's the rub, the adventure will be part of a global reality television program and you have to stay there forever.
A flight back to earth is not part of the offer. Previous training in space travel is not required, nor is a science degree , but applicants do need to be at least 18 years of age.
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday