Nonprofit takes applications to send first humans to Mars
A nonprofit organization is about to start looking for people who want to be colonists on Mars, but there are a few hitches.
Netherlands-based Mars One plans to start taking applications in July for the trip to the red planet in 2023.
Here's the rub, the adventure will be part of a global reality television program and you have to stay there forever.
A flight back to earth is not part of the offer. Previous training in space travel is not required, nor is a science degree , but applicants do need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 22 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 16 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
22 min ago
- International effort underway to find...
31 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
16 min ago