Rampant baggage theft at Italian airports caught on tape
Italian police arrested 29 airport workers caught stealing from people's checked baggage.
Italian police released a video showing baggage handlers with the national airline Alitalia, going through suitcases and taking items.
In rare cases where the baggage was locked, the handlers damaged the luggage on purpose.
The investigation began at Rome's Leonardo da Vinci airport and spread to a half-dozen airports across the country.
crime, airline industry, national/world
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos