Prince Harry kicking off tour United States
LONDON -- Prince Harry will arrive in Washington, D.C. Thursday to kick off his six-city whirlwind tour of the U.S.
It's his first U.S. visit since the Las Vegas fiasco last summer when he made headlines for cavorting with the ladies.
This time, there will be none of that. It's official business focusing on charities and injured veterans.
There will be some receptions thrown into the mix beginning with a visit to an exhibit about land mines by the non-profit group "Halo Trust" which helps clear them from war torn countries.
royals, las vegas, hurricane, veterans, national/world
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday